Increasing house prices in Auckland’s lower socio-economic suburbs, are forcing families out of their communities and could be detrimental to the economy, NZ Herald reports. OneRoof’s data shows that previously affordable neighbourhoods in the region are now out of reach for blue-collar workers. According to Sense Partners’ Shamubeel Eaqub, this gentrification is hurting Auckland’s economy.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions