A dining district that has been closed off to cars for over a year due to major construction works is looking forward to the reopening of a key intersection, Stuff reports. Auckland city’s Elliott Stables was crippled by the coronavirus pandemic, with half of the eateries receiving notices ordering them to pay arrears in September. But with the Wellesley St West and Albert St intersection reopened, there is hope the district is slowly coming back to life. Works in this area will move downtown to the Victoria St and Albert St intersection, which will close on Tuesday for two years.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions