The Chinese embassy is denying claims spies are infiltrating universities in New Zealand, calling the accusations groundless and “pure hearsay,” RNZ reports. The embassy’s statement comes after three university lecturers in Chinese politics and history have spoken out about their classes being observed and sometimes photographed by unenrolled individuals. Meanwhile, New Zealand universities were working with universities in the United Kingdom, United States, Australia, and Canada to ensure research was not being infiltrated or misused.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions