Campaigners against Auckland’s newly approved Dome Valley landfill are “gutted” with the decision, and are vowing to take their fight to the Environment Court, Stuff reports. Despite the 958 submissions against the proposal to build a 60-hectare landfill, it received the green light on Monday. The landfill will replace the Redvale Landfill and Energy Park in Dairy Flat, which is predicted to reach capacity between 2026 and 2028.
- In praise of public libraries, and those who work in them
- Costco’s $100 million Auckland store delays opening
- Consulting Group says New Zealand’s brand has never been stronger
- Auckland man allegedly behind prolific graffiti tag ’caused $250k in damage’
- Why the bank of mum and dad is now moving in with the kids