Campaigners against Auckland’s newly approved Dome Valley landfill are “gutted” with the decision, and are vowing to take their fight to the Environment Court, Stuff reports. Despite the 958 submissions against the proposal to build a 60-hectare landfill, it received the green light on Monday. The landfill will replace the Redvale Landfill and Energy Park in Dairy Flat, which is predicted to reach capacity between 2026 and 2028.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions