Water costs doubling in 10 years will disproportionately hurt lower socio-economic households, RNZ reports. Aucklanders, including Councillor John Watson who voted against council rates also increasing, have expressed frustration at the extra burden this will be to those already struggling. Meanwhile, Watercare Chief Executive Jon Lamonte says residents experiencing genuine hardship can apply to Watercare Water Utility Consumer Assistance Trust.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions