According to an Auckland councillor, the $200,000 fund for those affected by the Papatoetoe tornado will do little to address the real costs residents face, Stuff reports. Auckland Mayor Phil Goff announced the establishment of the Mayoral Relief Fund on Tuesday to help those impacted by Saturday’s tornado, which damaged hundreds of homes and left a person dead. But Efeso Collins, a councillor for the Manukau ward, said it will be a “terrifying” ordeal for many families to work out how to repair their homes.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions