Auckland property developer Kent Gardner, along with other build to rent developers, is calling on the government to write off the interest costs of their developments against their total tax bill, Newshub reports. Otherwise, they won’t provide long-term rental housing. Meanwhile, Colliers national director Alan McMahon’s revealed there are international developers keen to build rentals in the country, but recent tax changes announced in March have turned them away.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions