Auckland is a finalist among the 50 Champion Cities in the 2021 Global Mayors Challenge, Auckland Council announces. The challenge is a global innovation competition that identifies and accelerates the most ambitious ideas developed by cities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The entry from Auckland Council will see the development of a carbon portal and dashboard to measure the carbon footprint of infrastructure programmes and show where carbon outputs can be reduced through design, material selection and construction processes.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions