Auckland mayor Phil Goff is expecting the cost of repairing damage from the tornado that wreaked havoc in south Auckland to be “tens of millions of dollars,” Stuff reports. The tornado left one person dead, two persons critically injured, and homes and other properties damaged or completely destroyed. Acting Minister for Emergency Management Kris Faafoi said the Government would give $100,000 to a Mayoral Relief Fund to support communities impacted by the tornado.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions