Auckland mayor Phil Goff is expecting the cost of repairing damage from the tornado that wreaked havoc in south Auckland to be “tens of millions of dollars,” Stuff reports. The tornado left one person dead, two persons critically injured, and homes and other properties damaged or completely destroyed. Acting Minister for Emergency Management Kris Faafoi said the Government would give $100,000 to a Mayoral Relief Fund to support communities impacted by the tornado.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’