Police revealed on Wednesday that a fire in Auckland’s Coatesville last week, where the bodies of a child and his father were found, was “non-accidental,” TVNZ reports. It is now believed that the fire was lit by the father, Lee Roycroft, 42. Police continue to investigate on the coroner’s behalf and, along with Victim Support, are supporting the family of the deceased. A Givealitte page set up to help ease the financial burden on the Roycroft family has generated $24,000 in donations.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions