Auckland now ranks first in a new survey by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) of “liveability” in 140 cities, Stuff reports. In 2019, Auckland came in 12th. The EIU’s index, rates living conditions in 140 cities based on more than 30 factors which are grouped into five categories: stability, health care, culture and environment, education and infrastructure, and the city’s ability to cope with Covid-19.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions