Auckland Council has released a digital map identifying areas in Tāmaki Makaurau that are at risk for coastal erosion, Newshub reports. A rapid increase in coastal erosion could cause tens of thousands of Kiwis residing in coastal areas to be uninsurable over the next few decades. In a report released by Auckland Council, large sections of the coastline could erode more than 200 metres by 2130. A Unitary Plan change is being worked out by the council to ensure the coastal erosion study is considered for future development of the region’s coasts.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions