Business owners protested outside Auckland Council on Thursday morning, against the $4.4 billion City Rail Link project, Stuff reports. The rail project is in its fifth year of construction to deliver two underground tunnels and stations in an upgrade of the region’s transport network. The works could significantly impact businesses in the area, though a proposal is being worked out to provide financial hardship assistance to businesses who can prove financial losses due to the City Rail Link construction.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions