An arrest warrant has been issued for Li Wenshan, also known as Peter Li, who deceived dozens of Chinese construction workers with promises of well-paid jobs in New Zealand. However, RNZ reports, Wenshan has already left the country. Two other people who are Wenshan’s accomplices are charged with immigration fraud and are due to appear in court in early July.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions