America’s Cup lawyer and Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron (RNZYS) member Hamish Ross is calling for a democratic vote on whether the next defence might be held offshore, Stuff reports. Team New Zealand boss Grant Dalton briefed members of the RNZYS, which the team represents, on the funding issue that led it to canvass global deals to host the next defence. Meanwhile, Ross is hoping to gather more of the 25 signatures needed to call a formal general meeting, to vote on the possibility of the cup defence being held overseas.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions