Auckland Council is again reminding dog owners to show love for their dog by registering them early and taking advantage of the early-bird fee. Owners can renew online using their dog reference number, and can expect new red dog tags to arrive within 10 working days. “All dogs need to be registered by three months old,” Animal Management Manager Sarah Anderson says. “It is a legal requirement under the Dog Control Act 1996 and the information gathered by council goes into a national register which helps to locate and identify owners in the case of wandering, lost or stolen dogs.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions