For the last seven years, west Auckland grandfather Steve Peita has been fighting a debilitating battle to stay alive, Newshub reveals. The Peita whānau made a claim with ACC, centred on Steve’s doctor’s failure to diagnose and treat him for diabetes – leading to a heart attack and subsequent health problems. ACC declined the claim until Daniel Wood, an ACC advocate, took up the case, causing a dramatic u-turn and giving Steve a fresh chance to live.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions