A Waterway Protection Fund has been widened to include more Franklin Local Board areas, Auckland Council announces. Previously, improvements were centered to the Mauku and Whangamarie streams due to the need to improve water quality in those areas, but will now include Whangapouri and Wairoa catchments. The grants programme supports outcomes which protect and enhance land, streams, wetlands and waterways, improve water quality, and reduce the potential for erosion and water contamination.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor