Watercare criticised Rānui residents on social media for putting items such as tampons and wipes down the toilet, after the overflow flooded an area near Rānui domain, Stuff reports. The water company’s post on Tuesday has now been deleted. The criticism comes after an overflow – caused by cooking fats and sanitary items blocking a nearby wastewater pipe – ran into a small creek at Rānui domain on Monday evening.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor