It would be “unwise” to lift Auckland’s ban on sprinklers and unattended hoses, despite prices going up – according to Watercare’s new CEO Jon Lamonte, Newshub reports. Despite Aucklanders’ effort to save billions of litres of water, the city’s dams are only at 49.5 percent. Watercare is looking at how to stop shortages happening again over the next 20 years, during which time Auckland is likely to add another half-million people. Prices will go up 7 percent starting July, with a similar increase in 2022. Subsequent bigger hikes of 9.5 percent will then occur for the rest of the decade.
- In praise of public libraries, and those who work in them
- Costco’s $100 million Auckland store delays opening
- Consulting Group says New Zealand’s brand has never been stronger
- Auckland man allegedly behind prolific graffiti tag ’caused $250k in damage’
- Why the bank of mum and dad is now moving in with the kids