A fire broke out at a west Auckland Pak’nSave on Sunday evening, after someone set a trolley of groceries alight, Newshub reports. According to Foodstuffs NZ head of corporate affairs, Antoinette Laird, the incident happened at the Pak’nSave supermarket on Lincoln Road, in Henderson. Police as well as Fire and Emergency were not aware of the incident. The fire comes not long after a blaze that broke out at Waitākere mall’s Countdown in early May, when a youth allegedly set a chip packet on fire.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions