Papakura Local Board says the city’s challenges have been correctly identified in Auckland Transport’s Regional Land Transport Plan 2021, Auckland Council announces. Board chair Brent Catchpole says the plan identifies key areas such as funding for rail electrification, replacing diesel buses with more efficient technology and support for electric vehicles. The board also asked for funding for a pedestrian-friendly environment in Papakura town centre, and for money to complete a shared pathway from Pescara Point to Elliott Street, and on to the town centre and railway station.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor