Transport Minister Michael Wood remains silent regarding the latest cost projections for Auckland’s Mill Rd project, RNZ reports. The Mill Rd project, which was the biggest project in the $12b NZ Upgrade Programme, was estimated to cost $1.35 billion when the government revealed funding in January 2020. Construction for the 21.5km arterial route is expected to commence in 2022 and be completed by 2028.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor