Waka Kotahi-NZ Transport Agency (NZTA) figures show $34.8 million has been spent since October 2017 on business cases, project management, legal costs, office space and equipment, and Ministry of Transport funding, Newshub reports. However, Labour announced in March plans to start from scratch, with a new six-month consultation process launched by Transport Minister Michael Wood. National’s transport spokesperson Michael Woodhouse says the Government has wasted almost $35 million of taxpayer money on light rail with nothing to show for it.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday