Construction on the Māngere East improvements – part of the Innovating Streets for People programme – is set to start the week of May 31st, Auckland Council announces. The improvements will trial low-cost, temporary measures like pavement art, planters, public seating, speed humps and street furniture. Auckland Transport will monitor the projects and seek community feedback regarding the trial. Further details can be found here.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions