A south Auckland community is shaken after a shooting took place on a peaceful street early Sunday morning, Newshub reports. A person was shot and killed at a property in Ōtāhuhu around 2am on Sunday. Local councillor Alf Filipaina, who happens to be a former cop for the area, was surprised the killing happened in such a quiet neighbourhood, but says it’s part of a wider problem of gun crime in south Auckland.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions