Auckland Council is looking to new online tools and services to help manage increases in service demands and maintain its record-breaking building consent activity. Auckland’s building boom is driving the highest consents demands in decades. Each week the council completes around 400 building consents for new residential, renovations and commercial builds, 330 code compliance certificates and 4,500 building inspections.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor