Two men have been found guilty of intentionally scuttling a boat in a marine reserve, following a successful prosecution by Auckland Council. John Peter Lanssen and Cain Subritzky, who were charged under section 15A of the Resource Management Act, both appeared in the Environment Court before Chief Environment Court Judge D A Kirkpatrick on Thursday 20 May, alongside a third defendant who was later acquitted. Lanssen and Subritzky are set to be sentenced on 28 July 2021.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions