Auckland Mayor Phil Goff has stepped in to try to get the Ports of Auckland to communicate with its union bosses, RNZ reports. On Thursday, the Maritime Union appeared before Auckland Council to discuss the recent health and safety report into the Ports, which found systemic failings and profits being put ahead of safety. Union members said progress on any improvements is slow, and they’re struggling to even get an email response from the top management.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor