A series of road closures and measures to reduce speeding traffic in parts of Papatoetoe have been welcomed by a number of residents. However, the changes have also led to bad behaviour by frustrated motorists, Stuff reports. Auckland Transport (AT) is trialling new road layouts in west Papatoetoe to help reduce the speed of vehicles in the area and prevent motorists using residential streets as shortcuts, as well as providing safer pedestrian crossings.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions