Papakura Local Board has declined turning the Senior Citizen’s Hall in East Street into an Auckland Council asset, Auckland Council reveals. The decision comes after a recommendation to the council’s Parks, Arts, Community and Events Committee that the hall’s transfer not go ahead. The board’s decision means it is more likely the hall will be sold, with the proceeds made available for distribution to benefit older people living in Papakura.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor