A century-old pōhutukawa in the Auckland suburb of Mt Eden is at risk after the council left it off its protected tree schedule, NZ Herald reveals. The council acknowledged human error likely resulted in the pōhutukawa being left off the list, but it was unlikely to undergo a formal process to reverse the error. However, the community petitioning the authority to protect the native tree is calling for the error to be fixed.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor