The Papakura Stream Restoration Project has been launched, with around 60 Conservation Volunteers NZ members planting 1000 trees and flax bushes at the Brookby Wildlife Habitat property, Auckland Council announces. The project unites Auckland’s three most southern local boards, landowners, Healthy Waters, and industry, to protect a stream that flows through the Franklin, Papakura and Manurewa areas. Anyone interested in volunteering or providing funds and in-kind support can reach out to Conservation Volunteers NZ here.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions