Manurewa Local Board is planning to work with Auckland Transport to bring the safer streets measures – currently being delivered in the Wordsworth Quadrant – to the nearby Coxhead Quarter, Auckland Council announces. The board’s proposed budget is $4 million taken from the Regional Fuel Tax, and includes speed humps, raised tables and zebra crossings to improve safety. The project aims to reduce hospitalisation risks due to accidents, especially among children aged 0-14 and adults aged 65+.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor