Some of Tāmaki Makaurau-Auckland’s queer community have staged a protest outside two of the city’s best-known gay bars, Newshub reports. Hundreds protested outside the Family and G.A.Y bars on Karangahape Road on Saturday evening, accusing management of transphobic behaviour. The owners defended the claims, saying there is no deadnaming and the venues are open to all.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor