Some of Tāmaki Makaurau-Auckland’s queer community have staged a protest outside two of the city’s best-known gay bars, Newshub reports. Hundreds protested outside the Family and G.A.Y bars on Karangahape Road on Saturday evening, accusing management of transphobic behaviour. The owners defended the claims, saying there is no deadnaming and the venues are open to all.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa