Lawyers for Climate Action say Auckland’s 10-year transport plan is unlawful as well as vulnerable, should a judicial review be sought, Stuff reports. In their submission to the Regional Land Transport Plan (RLTP), lawyers said the plan falls short of statutory obligations and commitments to halve carbon emissions by 2030. Submissions on the RLTP closed at the start of May, and the proposed transport investment plan will be considered by the AT-led Regional Transport Committee until June.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor