Lawyers for Climate Action say Auckland’s 10-year transport plan is unlawful as well as vulnerable, should a judicial review be sought, Stuff reports. In their submission to the Regional Land Transport Plan (RLTP), lawyers said the plan falls short of statutory obligations and commitments to halve carbon emissions by 2030. Submissions on the RLTP closed at the start of May, and the proposed transport investment plan will be considered by the AT-led Regional Transport Committee until June.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa