Six people charged by the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) in relation to election donations made to the Labour Party in 2017 have appeared in court on Monday. They were granted bail and interim name suppression, Stuff reveals. In early-May, the six individuals received two charges each, of obtaining by deception at least $34,840 for the political party, on or about March 28, 2017. On behalf of the defendants, nine top Auckland lawyers entered a non-guilty plea to Judge Brooke Gibson at the Auckland District Court.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions