Rodney Local Board has adopted the concept plans for Deacon Point, Riverhead Point Drive and Riverhead War Memorial Park, Auckland Council announces. A 2018 study highlighting the shortage of play space in Riverhead sparked plans to develop these areas, and consultation and engagement events were held with iwi and stakeholders, including community groups and residents. A budget of $3.8m is being allocated to build the Riverhead parks over the next five years and includes playspaces, walkways, toilet facilities and a car park renewal.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday