The government has announced it’s 10-year plan for rail investment, which includes freight rail funding, RNZ reports. There has been significant under-investment in the national rail network for decades and large parts of the network are in managed decline. While the play does not provide a definitive list of projects to get funding in the next decade, or include any announcements about new money, state investments will be made to restore the network to a resilient and reliable state and lay the groundwork for growth.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor