Unions are worried that doctors and nurses will move to Australia following the Government’s freeze on public sector salaries, Newshub reports. Under the recently announced pay freeze rules, three-quarters of people working in the public sector are unlikely to get a salary bump until at least 2024. Meanwhile, National has already condemned the move, with National MP Mark Mitchell saying the government needs to reconsider and reverse immediately the pay freeze and take responsibility for out-of-control public sector growth.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor