Cycling lobby group, Bike Auckland, says one lane of the Auckland Harbour Bridge should be set aside for cyclists to use over summer, Stuff reports. Bike Auckland is planning a rally near the bridge on May 30, calling for a lane to be reallocated to cyclists as a three-month trial over summer, when traffic is at its quietest. However, Waka Kotahi’s Director of Regional Relationships for Auckland and Northland, Steve Mutton, says investigations have found closing a lane of the bridge for cyclists is not a viable option. He is aware of Bike Auckland’s upcoming rally, and notes there are plans are in place to address any disruptions on the transport network and to ensure the safety of all road users.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa