Mixed messages saw carloads of people turned away from getting their pre-booked Covid-19 vaccines at one of Auckland’s largest vaccination clinics, Stuff reports. A staff member at the vaccination clinic, on Highbrook Drive in East Tamaki, was mistakenly turning people away due to a busier than expected turnout, not because the centre had run out of doses. Meanwhile, the Covid-19 vaccine programme is set to roll out to a further 1.7 million Kiwis this May, but at present, New Zealand only has enough vaccinations in the country for a few hundred thousand people.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor