Thirteen people working in Managed Isolation and Quarantine (MIQ) facilities are at risk of getting fired for not receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, Newshub reports. Under the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order, it has been mandatory for anyone working at the border to have had at least their first jab. Nine Customs workers have already lost their jobs as a result of their decision to not receive the vaccine.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor