Auckland Council chief economist David Norman says ongoing weaker business in Auckland’s city centre, risks continuing as a prolonged impact from Covid-19, Stuff reports. According to Norman, Auckland’s recovery is being impacted by a sharp increase in online shopping during 2020, worsening skill shortages as well as the return of pre-pandemic levels of traffic congestion, as public transport patronage lags by 30 per cent.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions