Auckland’s latest mass vaccination clinic has opened in west Auckland following a blessing on Monday morning, NZ Herald reports. Residents gathered at dawn for karakia and waiata for the centre, which is run by Te Whānau o Waipareira Trust. The Te Whare clinic, which uses the former Noel Leeming warehouse in Henderson, will do some practice runs over the next few days before it steps into full capacity vaccinating up to 1000 people a day.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor