Auckland Council’s rates increases over the next 10 years won’t be enough to pay for the city’s ongoing growth and demand for infrastructure. The comments came from Manurewa-Papakura ward councillor, Daniel Newman, on Tuesday’s meeting to approve the mayor’s 10-year Recovery Budget, Stuff reports. The Recovery Budget includes $31.8 billion in capital investment, $100 million in funding to improve public transport services and $182 million for the renewal of regional venues as well as $152 million above existing spending to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and adapt to the impact of climate change.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions