The Government announced on Tuesday it plans to shuffle almost $1 billion worth of the unspent Covid-19 funding during this year’s Budget, where it will outline where the country’s money will go in the next year, TVNZ reports. Finance Minister Grant Robertson also laid down the Government’s priorities this term, which included addressing housing affordability, climate change and child wellbeing. Budget 2021, which Minister Robertson dubbed as a recovery budget, will be held on May 20.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor