The Auditor-General is urging the Ministry of Social Development to pursue prosecution against businesses who have misused the wage subsidy scheme, RNZ reports. An investigation into how the scheme has been managed praised the speed at which the Ministry (MSD) approved funds when Covid-19 hit, but the Auditor General’s office insists MSD should do more to retrieve public money back from businesses who should not have received it.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor