The 160-year-old St Brides Church, an historic building, has been lifted 1.5 metres and will remain on hydraulic jacks for four days, as it undergoes foundation repairs, Stuff reports. The church was built in 1861 in the rural south Auckland settlement of Mauku. It will undergo the biggest restoration to date, including new foundations and repairs to its windows.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor