With New Zealand’s lack of rain adding up to Auckland’s water shortage problem, Aucklanders are encouraged to continue saving water, Newshub reports. Dams around the city are only around half-filled with some restrictions on use still in place. While Aucklanders are doing well when it comes to saving water, Watercare urges locals to keep up the good work because less than normal rainfall is still expected. Water restrictions in the city began the same month last year in an effort to combat a historic drought.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor